The Wall | Teen Ink

The Wall

Security at the border between the United States and Mexico should be upgraded just like some other security things like visas, but the first thing U.S should work on is the wall. That will help stop the flood of people just pouring in. Right now the border with Mexico is some post and wire that is barely off the ground (Duke). What is that going to stop? Maybe a tumbleweed, but definitely not a person. If U.S want this wall, the taxpayers have to pay for it then get reimbursed from Mexico (Muir). In an interview with David Muir, President Trump defended the wall declaring, “I said Mexico will pay for it.”

In Yuma Arizona, they already have a border wall, and the wall is doing great. Before the wall in October 2016 in Yuma, there were more than 66,000 people placed under arrest for entering the U.S. illegally (Duke). That is just in one town that is nutty as a fruitcake. If people are living in a border state, they might see some dangers like violence among cartels, drugs, and human trafficking and the increase of drug activity (Biggs) that is just sad because kids can get involved with that and drug and cartels and all that stuff can and will mess up kid.

There are some problems that a wall just cannot fix or stop. Like visas they should get more rules because people do overstay their visas and that is not good that is one thing the wall cannot stop that might be impossible or overseas attacks stuff like that  

The Department Of Homeland Security predicted last year that 739,000 newcomers who arrived in the U.S. via air or sea in budgetary in 2016 did not leave when they were expected to. Some left late, but on Jan 10th of 2017, about 545,000 were imagined to still be in the U.S. (Duke). That is a lot and that is kind of ridiculous when the U.S. government can do something about it. The wall would not help with that; this is where visas should get a new rule dealing with how long the newcomers can stay in the beautiful U.S.A. (Duke).

If know something was wrong would you do something to fix it? Did you know in 2016 the U.S. gave away 1.2 million Green Cards, that roughly half were already in the U.S (Seminara)? That is ridiculous and that is a problem. To pay for this wall the is buy the taxpayers first then Mexico is going to pay for is but the president of Mexico said he and his country is not going to (Muir). what should happen is the U.S should build the wall and get stricter with the visas because that is one main reason why the U.S has a lot of foreigners.

Building the wall will help the U.S. keep out illegal immigrants, threats and should make this country safer. People might not like the idea of this wall because it cost a lot plus people do not think Mexico will pay for it but why would they its a waste of there money for them and doesn't benefit them at all why would they pay for it. They don’t need it

We are the one who need it or want it so why are we going to have other people pay for it. It is a good idea to build this wall but other people should not have to pay for it. That is one thing that I do not like about this wall it will cause problems with other countries that we should get along with sens we are neighbors and all. This wall will take over 3 plus years. The wall will be 30 ft tall.