America as We Know It | Teen Ink

America as We Know It

By TheFutureArtist BRONZE, Wilmington, California
TheFutureArtist BRONZE, Wilmington, California

“The land of the free and the home of the brave” as we know it should tells us a lot about America, but does it really? Many people are asking themselves this and saying how the constitution was made so that everybody had an equal chance at life as an American and that everybody had the same chance to struck it rich but looking at the world around us, many people don't really have the same enthusiasm to share that American dream with everybody else. Then again, aren't we all human beings that have had dreams to have a better lifestyle that maybe wouldn't be possible somewhere else? But it seems to me that many people don't think the same way. There seems to be a separation between who should be considered an American and who should be considered a foreigner. For me personally, people should be accepted for who they are and if they think that coming up here at America is a good idea, then we all should let them be and let them live life because they have the same rights as we all do. No human being should have more rights than other humans since there should only be one race, and that is the human race. America should be known as a country that gives opportunities and chances to other people, not that we disgrace and kick off people who have another belief and/or ethnicity, color. The current president is showing all of us how not to be an American and if he thinks that doing all of what he does is politically correct, he sure is not ethically correct. There should be a fine line between what topics should be spoken and what other more important matters should be done. An American is seen much more differently than it should really be. An American should be a person who is willing to accomplish great stuff for this country, and also be awarded all the same rights that everybody who was already here has had already. America is also seen as a place that has many resources and chances that other countries don't have but people don't always realize that America is also a place where people are discriminated upon and even though it is liked to be thought that it is, America is not made for everybody.

This was written to show some awaremness to some political views that some seem to have of americans as a whole.