Paul Manafort and the Critical Connections | Teen Ink

Paul Manafort and the Critical Connections

August 3, 2018
By Lindsey.1ee BRONZE, Ho Chi Minh, Other
Lindsey.1ee BRONZE, Ho Chi Minh, Other
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON


Perhaps being politicians is the worst jobs pretending an honest man. Yet they are always surrounded by sordid attraction, but from time to time not to be engaged must be out of human control. Since politic is a huge and powerful type of performance, so the politicians are easily exposed by the public, especially when they commit a crime or did something inappropriate. For example, bank fraud, tax evasion et cetera. Unfortunately, guess what, there is a man who is getting an extreme spotlight and massive attention of the state, who has been accused of 25 crimes relating to lobbying work for Ukraine. According to CNN, his stakes are at his peak, hence if convicted on all counts, he would face over 300 years in the prison.

As soon as I started to search things out of this man, named Paul Manafort, I couldn’t think of more than one thing, but Sun-Sil Choi, who went against more than 10 immense financial and political crimes with the former president of the Republic of Korea, Keun-Hae Park. It was a chilly, hostile autumn of 2016 when the real turbulence was started that had never happened in the modern Korean history. She was in charge of abusing government funds clandestinely, turned out they were consumed for her daughter’s riding horse, lavish mansion and way more. The civilians could not oversee the fact that more than thousands of people were struggling with lack of financial support from the government at that time, no longer to wait, they protested the resignation of the former president Keun-Hae Park, and the immediate indictment of Sun-Sil Choi. Starting with 20,000 people in Gwang Hwa Street near the Blue House, the total population reached more than 1,000,000 in 5 weeks.

Though I am not an expert of the American economic situation, I do realize that still there are some unlucky souls on the streets wishing for a bit of luck and improvement, while Paul Manafort, the avaricious man bought an ostrich jacket in Beverly Hills for the upcoming winter, remodeling his house. So far, it would be a huge disappointment of him since he is no longer owning his beautiful career or honor, if it ever existed before, or 30 million dollars that he gained from lobbying, but only the sharp and bitter criticizes from the media and the great public. I can guess that his winter would be the worst time in his life, of course, he can’t wear his brand new ostrich-feather-coat.

From my point of view, it absolutely feels as if the State has been on the unstable mood since Donald Trump jumped into the political field. His attitude, mindset, philosophy, and belief are devastating and pulling it down. When Paul Manafort was accused of the national crime, he persisted the innocent of him, saying ‘...stop this Rigged Witch Hunt right now’. But at the end, his sentences indicated that he didn’t have any deep relationship between him and Manafort, which comes down to me as if he is shunning the least responsibility of this case.

 

<Citation>

Cohen, Marshall, et al. “Track the Latest Developments in the Trials of Former Trump Campaign Chairman Paul Manafort.” CNN, Cable News Network, 31 July 2018.

“What We Know about Paul Manafort’s Trial so Far.” MSNBC, NBCUniversal News Group, 1 Aug. 2018.


The author's comments:

After I went overall what I have written, I realized my tone is quite strong (and some people might think they are stronger than they supposed to be). I hope readers would understand the point that I wrote my thoughts down completely from my own perspective.