Could the Holocaust happen today? | Teen Ink

Could the Holocaust happen today?

By RainWashed PLATINUM, Park City, Utah
RainWashed PLATINUM, Park City, Utah

"Repeat the good and the bad. Do it all again. And pile on the years."

Many people believe that the Holocaust never happened and are in complete denial. But many people also say that the Holocaust did happen and that it was just a thing of the past. But we have to remember things because things in the past tend to repeat themselves if they are forgotten. Take the economic crisis we are in today, that’s because a lot of people forgot about the Great Depression that went on just 50 years ago. Now I believe that the Holocaust could happen today for three main reasons, one is that already many people are denying that it ever happened, second is that there are so many more people on the earth with many more powerful religions being in more control, and lastly people are being a lot more racist, sexist, and prejudice.

My first point was that people are already forgetting about the last Holocaust with the Jews. If people are already denying and forgetting we are made more vulnerable to was is going on. And if we are vulnerable we made be made subject to another holocaust. Also if people forget then they won’t know the sign if a holocaust is planning to go into effect.

My second reason was that so many more different people are on our earth and expressing themselves which may provoke somebody. So many more people are expressing their religions more openly along with their preferred gender. So if someone expressed themselves and another person thought that that person should be exterminated then more people like the other person could also be subject.

And lastly is because a lot more people are very racist and sexist in our world today. I think that this could contribute to the realty of another holocaust happening. It would probably be considered a Final Solution just as Hitler’s was. It would probably affect the most powerful ethic group or religious group.

So my three reasons to why a holocaust could happen today are more people on our earth are already forgetting and denying a holocaust had ever happened, second that there are so many more people on earth with many more powerful religions being in more control, and third a lot more people are sexist and racist. So the next time you think ‘oh, I don’t need to worry about what really went on in the Holocaust because it’s never going to happen’ think again, because history repeats itself to the arrogant.

This piece is just an opinion so if you leave a comment i'd like you to remember it's my opinion.

MilleeGirl said...
MilleeGirl, Boyd, Kentucky
@kylikouns

Jack said...
on May. 5 2016 at 2:38 am
Really helped with my history hm work the!

on Apr. 26 2016 at 10:32 am
This is helpful

sara said...
That's really good,you really got talent and it helped me with my English homeworK.

123456 said...
on Apr. 11 2013 at 3:10 am
you speak up

RainWashed PLATINUM, Park City, Utah

I've met someone too who escaped. But my point was to focus on just one human hardship. I don't mean to say that everything else that has happened isn't worth mentioning, but I just wanted to focus on something that's more personal to me.

The holocaust was an awful tragety, But can't you see that things Just as terrible have happened since and are still happening?  Mass Genocide in Burma, Rwanda and Sudan. The Civil war in Syria, which has claimed thousands of lives.  In the 60's there was a starvation in China that killed as many people as World War II. Also the awful things that happen in Syrian prison's today..I once met a person who somehow escaped from a prison and told me of how they were forced to stand in a 5 by 5 room with 40 other people. none of them could stand due to the extreme torture they went through. Some lost parts of their bodies, and those who died were never returned to their families; instead they were thrown in mass graves (or cremated) after their organs were harvested.

Jdbacdc said...
You got a very good point on this article, makes me think that a holocaust could happen at any point in the world today. With the Middle East and Syria and the world in crysis. If it did happen how can we stop it?

KMayyMayy said...
on Feb. 9 2012 at 11:37 am
I liked this because it really helped me on my research paper. I said yes it could happen again and You helped me find more reasons on why that was possible. Thank you.

RainWashed PLATINUM, Park City, Utah

I see where you are coming from EastRowanMustangs but look at Hilter's rise to power. Most people didn't even know what he was really planning to do with his power. Plus he was really great at telling the majority of the population what they wanted to hear. I think it could happen because bigotry and racism still exist and no matter what, everybody likes to believe they are better than someone. P.S. I love your username.

your very welcome StarwarsFreak95

I don't believe the holocaust will ever happen again. I mean if it did wouldn't it have already happen. The world is fixing to end anyways so I mean it couldn't have end anytime soon. That's all I have to say about it.

RainWashed PLATINUM, Park City, Utah

Thanks for your thoughtful comments and remembering what our ancestors went through.

I believe it does happen again they all can prevent it from happening. I don't believe in the holocaust that much but I do know that if they do strike again they will do everything in there power to stop it.

I believe that the holocaust will not ever happen again. I believe if it does happen again that they can prevent it from happen.

lona said...
on May. 11 2011 at 5:54 am

I like it because  i just read a novel about this night by elie wiesel.

in that novel he had just told us abou the holocaust happens its real i dont know why people doesnt believe about tht.

my teacher gave me a ques   its a perfect ans for that this information will make my ans perfect

IRBFGW DIAMOND said...
IRBFGW DIAMOND, Cincinnati, Ohio

"Hey, assbutt!" Supernatural, Castiel.

Hmm, interesting thought and perspictive. Personally, I am always worried that something like this could happen again, simply because it is being forgotten about or because, like it or not, the world today is very sexist and racist. This was very persuasive and made me think. ilike that,keep itup.