Lifting Waits | Teen Ink

Lifting Waits

April 30, 2018
By EVERYBODYFLOPWIP BRONZE, Sterling, Virginia
EVERYBODYFLOPWIP BRONZE, Sterling, Virginia
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

One teacher that I find stands out is my gym teacher Mr. Wait. Mr. Wait has not been at the school as long as some other teachers, but that does not matter. Even though he threatens to send me back to class if I complain, he is still the best teacher.

 

I first met Mr. Wait at the beginning of, 2015. He introduced himself and from then on we did not have any other contact. Mr. Wait  takes me and some other kids to school in his mustang. My god, I thought, he has a mustang, and I’ve never ridden in a sports car. When he showed up to my house to pick me up, I was disappointed. It was booger green and it was completely dilapidated. When I got inside, he let me sit in the back and it was squished back there. I had to put my feet on the seat in front of me. It was like that a year till the car broke down in the middle of an intersection on 66. I forgot to mention that every day; he would stop at Seven Eleven and got a ten pack of Monster and Rock Star energy drinks.


At the beginning of this year, I found out that he was going to be my civics teacher. I was psyched, and my expectations were exceeded. He is one was one of the most layed back and logical person in the middle school. Most other teachers that are in the middle school are forcing work on top of the kids and piles up work for you, but that’s not the same for Mr. Wait. Sometimes in class, people talk and when Mr. Wait tells them to be quiet. They shut their lips and listen to him.


Mr. Wait is one of the only teachers in the middle school that is young and understands, quote “young people trends”. He goes to movies and plays PlayStation and WII. He also watches sports so in the morning it’s fun to talk about how the Capitals lost to the Penguins. Sometimes I and my friend walker call him, Man-child because he is on the line of being a child and a man. He is also really, really, really, buff which he gets from his fake wrestling matches. They are really fun to watch; because he gets in a speedo and jumps on people he hits people with chairs. I think he also works out.


Over all I think that Mr. Wait is one of the best teachers I have ever had. Also, if you are reading this Mr. Wait, Congratulations on getting engaged! I still miss driving in his car and playing “who can pick up the most trash”. I starting to realize he was using us to clean his car. So thank you Mr. Wait, for being the best teacher I have ever had.


The author's comments:

It's all about my Gym/civics teacher and how he is one of my favorite teachers i have ever had.