Failure leads to Success | Teen Ink

Failure leads to Success

By Carlos Perez BRONZE, Miami, Florida
Carlos Perez BRONZE, Miami, Florida

I believe that failure leads to success.
There is no doubt in my mind that one cannot succeed without failing. People view failure as a step back or as a halt in progress, but I cannot disagree more. Failure is actually a step forward or progress towards your goal.
Throughout history brilliant minds have said things like “Never, never, never give up.” Winston Churchill could not have been more on the money. Never giving up greatly increases your chances of success. Never giving up means you repeatedly fail and learn from your mistakes and move on. When we accept failure as progress we get closer and closer to our goal as we learn more and more how to succeed.
In other words, failure shows you how you cannot succeed, which, in essence, shows you how you can succeed. It is like a multiple choice question; when you fail you are actually eliminating possible answers leaving the correct one for the choosing. Failure is what makes us better. Without failure one does not improve. If one does not improve then one cannot succeed.
I believe that failure goes hand in hand with success. This belief has influenced my views on life and has greatly helped me to accomplish some of my goals. Specifically, one of my goals as a child was to learn to snap my fingers. For days, I attempted to snap my fingers and found no success. If I had to guess, I would say I failed at least 500 times. Every time I failed I made an improvement. It was those tiny tweaks which led to a very happy moment in my life: my first successful snap.
On a more serious note, it was this belief which helped me achieve the great relationship I now share with my father. I used to have a terrible relationship with my father to say the least. I tried to fix the situation hundreds of times and all of them seemed to fail. Now that I look back I realize every time I failed to fix our differences I actually got closer to a healthier relationship with my dad. It was those tiny tweaks which got me closer to my goal. Every time I failed to heal our relationship, it was actually progress towards my goal. This trial and error process is what made me achieve my goal and what ultimately made me succeed. Furthermore, without failing hundreds of times I would have never made the changes which were vital to my success. Without a doubt, failure led to my success.
It is these changes that one makes, the improvements from one trial to another which leads to success. It is this underestimated and undervalued trial and error process which helps us succeed. Regardless of one’s interpretation of success, there is no doubt that one cannot succeed without failing. Failure is one of the most fundamental building blocks of success. And therefore, I conclude that failure must lead to success. This I believe.

on Aug. 18 2016 at 2:32 am
I feel vey nice in reading this essy now i am very much prapared for the speech competiton

Ayeee said...
on Jun. 14 2016 at 11:06 am
Ayeee,
mannn this had me crying :,(

Nisha said...
on May. 27 2016 at 1:47 am
It was really awesome to read it....nice writing skill...helped me a lotzz...thankss

Nisha said...
on May. 27 2016 at 1:47 am

Pamspurse said...
Great story liv!! Loved it

Nana said...
Beautiful work Julian; God has given you a beautiful gift of writing! Use it for His Glory! We are very proud of your talent! We love you grandson!

sassy said...
the essay had some good facts and this is the best essay i have read so far

Tootziee said...
Tootziee, Phila, Pennsylvania
thats was great.yu eva head of c.s. Lewis he say"failures are finger posts on the road to success"

ilana23 BRONZE said...
ilana23 BRONZE, Las Pinas, Other
I agree.

on Apr. 13 2009 at 3:21 am
biggerinfinities SILVER, Superior, Colorado

“We accept the love we think we deserve.”
― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

wow! what an optomistic outlook on life1 i dont believe i ever thought about that

Miaoru said...
Miaoru, Sunnyside, New York
I agree and I like your way of thinking! Good job! :D