C.S Lewis | Teen Ink

C.S Lewis

By MicaiahH. SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
MicaiahH. SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

One of my favorite authors, C.S Lewis, once said “The Son of God became a man to enable men to become sons of God.” I love this quote because it reminds me just how much of a hero Jesus is to me and how much I need him. He became a man, died, and rose again for my sins, so that I may be a son of God! He has also always been with me and worked in my life through the following: forgiveness, hard times, and family.

It all starts with forgiveness for me. When I was 10 years old, God put it on my heart that I was a sinner and needed a saviour;  therefore I repented. Now I have been set free because of His mercy and forgiveness. I grew up in a Christian home. My father; a pastor, was not the reason that I am a christian. It says in Ephesians 2 that I have been saved by grace through faith. He also gave me the gospel, which is the whole story of forgiveness and grace. I will never ever, ever, ever outgrow my need for the gospel! God’s word is a sword in my hand. The part of the gospel that makes Jesus such a hero to me, is that He suffered and died for my sins! Through this, He has helped me through many hard times.

I’ve gone through some very dark times in my life. In every one of them, Jesus has always been there for me! He is my strong tower, even when I don’t see Him. He comforts me and helps me through His word when I read it. The more I read God’s word, the more I feel strong. He blesses me with good friends in school that help me when I’m going through hard times. He also gives me the opportunity to share the gospel and make brothers and sisters in Christ. He also works through my family.

God has blessed me with the best family I could ever ask for. He blessed me with a very Christian, conservative home. We love to worship together and talk about God’s amazing grace. It is such a blessing! He has also blessed me with a very loving family. They always pray for me when I tell them about the things that are happening and they always love to talk and do stuff together. I’m so thankful that I have four older siblings and that I’m not the only child! My older brother is always helping me become a more independent, strong, honorable man of Christ. I have always looked up to him. Jesus has blessed me with such a wonderful family.

Jesus has always been my hero! He is the cornerstone! He has worked in my life through forgiveness, hard times, and family. This is why Jesus is my hero. He is my creator and my saviour. This is why I love that quote by C.S Lewis, that says “The Son of God became a man to enable men to become sons of God.” I am a son of God and now my question to you is “Are you?”