America | Teen Ink

America

By ParallelPenguin BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
ParallelPenguin BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

What does it mean to be an American? If a person from a third world country came here they would think America was amazing, free and beautiful.  In America you can walk down the street and have a diverse experience. You see rich, poor and everything in between. You see the privileged, the hard working, and the disadvantaged. You see people of Irish, Indian, Indonesian, Iranian, Islamic, and Israeli backgrounds.  Hot dog stands, taco trucks, and ice cream stores.  The possibilities are endless here.

There are many freedoms in America.  Freedom of speech. Freedom to assemble. Freedom of religion. Freedom to bear arms. Live and travel as you please. Work at any qualifying job. Marry freely.  Receive quality education.  The opportunities you have in America are never ending.

Green trees, sparkling lakes, and blooming flowers.  Cuddly kittens, sly opossums, prancing white tailed deer.  Hot summers, harsh winters, rainy springs, and radiant falls.  Beauty surrounds in the forms of the breathtaking Grand Canyon, windy Great Plains, and the vast Appalachian Mountains.  You can’t compare the beauty of our country to anywhere else in the world.