If I Were Mayor | Teen Ink

If I Were Mayor

By empets SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
empets SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

New Elected Mayor for Waukesha!

Waukesha — In the county of Waukesha, Wisconsin, Emily P. has just been elected as the new mayor! It was a close vote between contenders Shawn N. Reilly and Steven N. Ponto but Emily P. took home the win over the weekend.

So what does the future hold for the county of Waukesha? “My main focus of being mayor is bringing the community together,” Emily said.

“It’s very important to me that Waukesha is a fun and safe place for everyone. I will achieve this by
organizing festivals, celebrations, fundraisers and much more activities.” Emily plans to have a
festival in the upcoming weeks to celebrate a new and improved start for Waukesha.

How else does she plan to enrich the Waukesha community? “Another huge focus of mine branching off of enhancing our community is to better our parks and rec.” She continues. “Improving our parks is key to a happy town. The kids will be able to enjoy themselves while the parents get to relax and gain relationships with other families.”

Sounds like Waukesha has a great future in store for them! But that’s not the end for Emily, she has more plans to boost the county.

All these festivals and developing our parks and rec sounds amazing, but what about our safety?

“Although I plan to arrange many fun events, I want to make sure our county is safe and is a place where
people want to live in.” Emily said. “I want to build stations around the town with buttons incase someone needs help or just wants a safe walk to their car. Whatever it may be, I want everyone to know they are in safe hands.
We will have trained watchmen ready for calls 24 hours of the day, so whatever time of day it is, you will always be protected and secure.” Sounds promising, but there's more.

“I also would like to have a curfew of 12:00 a.m. for children under 18 years old. That means that they are out of the roads and streets at this time so we can prevent any accidents from happening.” And that's just the beginning she claims, she hopes to do lots more after her first year as mayor.