If I Were Mayor | Teen Ink

If I Were Mayor

By jacklyn10 GOLD, Hartland , Wisconsin
jacklyn10 GOLD, Hartland , Wisconsin

As mayor of Waukesha, I will value the the determination of the people and businesses in my community. I will make sure that the people in our community strive to be the best they can possibly be; whether it is through providing community services involving cleanups, education systems, or community festivals. I value your input and opinions on how we can make Waukesha one of the best counties. Waukesha exhibits great potential and I know that as mayor I will be able to not only clean-up our community, but also create a sense of hometown pride and expand jobs and offer affordable housing in our community.

I believe that having a healthy and clean community will better our future. There will be community involved cleanups implemented and ran by local clubs, schools, and volunteers. By cleaning empty buildings, new businesses will be encouraged to invest in our town, bettering our economy and attractiveness. Programs and systems will also be implemented for companies and family household including separate recycling and trash systems. By cleaning our community, road safety increases. It reduces the risk of accidents and minimizes slips and fall accidents as well as protecting people from dangerous garbage like rusty nails and broken glass. By removing dirt, debris, and garbage will keep our roads in better condition for a longer time.

Festivals, celebrations, and opportunities are also a great way for our community to become one of best. Festivals will not only attract people to our area, but also create a way for the community to get together, celebrate, having a good time. It will be for people of all ages and contribute to opportunities of volunteering and business recognition.

Besides being fun, festivals offer economic and social benefits too. The economic benefits of festivals are easiest to see–festivals attract visitors, which stimulates the growth of tourism and other businesses in a town or region. Attendees will spend on-site on admission fees, food, and beverages, and rides, but also off-site spending when the visitors stop at gas stations, restaurants, or souvenir shops. Festivals also foster community pride. Hometown pride is a critical factor in the development and improvement of any community. Residents with community pride are more likely to speak positively about their town to others and to volunteer with organizations and activities that support the common good.

Job expansion and an increase in affordable housing will better Waukesha’s future. As population increases there is a need for affordable housing and new jobs. The population won't grow without these things. Therefore, if we want Waukesha to continue to grow and thrive these essential things must be achieved. Job growth is essential to having a growing economy and community. With these too ideas in place, people can better contribute to their families lives. They will be able to afford a roof above their heads and steady, healthy job to continue their bright future.

As the mayor of Waukesha county, I believe everyone has the opportunity to be successful. I value the determination of all people through their job, business, volunteer, or community festivities. As mayor, I respect your opinions and input as to how Waukesha can be an even better area for families and businesses. I know Waukesha holds a certain charm, which is why people are reeled into our safe and respective area, therefore, through these key ideas I believe Waukesha will be one of the greatest.