Staying Home Alone | Teen Ink

Staying Home Alone

June 13, 2017
By MiddletonMe BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan
MiddletonMe BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Personally, I hate staying home alone. . .Every Other kid likes to be home alone without their parents there, but not so much for me. I have always been anxious about staying home alone, I always seem to hear noises that aren't there or see things that are just a simple leaf falling from a nearby tree. Running through my head I am going through all the possible things that could happen to me. After that I think about what I would do to save myself. . . most likely these question include, where would I hide? Who would I call first? Was I going to die today? Okay. . . I know this seems a little extreme but to me at that very moment in time it didn't. So in order to put myself at ease I would go upstairs to my room and turn up my music really loud to block out everything and anything and I always made sure my dog was with me 24/7. I would make sure all the doors  in the house were locked and the blinds were shut. Once I was upstairs and went through my mental checklist I could really get my mind off things. Eventually I would stop thinking about the negative things and get lost in what I was doing, and before I knew it my family would be home and I would feel safe and comforted.