Gun Control | Teen Ink

Gun Control

We all know that there is a problem with gun control. People have multiple reasons and arguments for both sides. I am going to explain a little and give you opinion and what i think on the matter.

So first off there's the people who say that guns are completely safe and fine. Then there is the people who say that guns are bad and horrible. Between these groups there is lots of valid arguments for both sides. Like, guns are not safe, or guns are just not ok, and other dumb stuff like that. On the side that likes guns, there is some good arguments as to self defence,home defence, and for hunting purposes. As for self defence, if you're walking around .a dangerous part of town, or walking at night, it's nice to know you have something to defend yourself. For  home defence, say someone breaks in your house. Sure a bat would work but what if the other guy had a gun. Your screwed. So also in your home it is a good idea to have a gun somewhere in your house with easy access away from children. For hunting purposes, that's how some people live. They rely on a gun to get there food for their family, for money and sometimes cloths.

Now, The people who are against guns have some valid arguments to. Like for self defence if you're carrying a handgun it would misfire and potentially seriously harm someone. And if you're openly carrying a handgun, other people could get worried or afraid and could get you in trouble. For home defence, people say, what if a child gets it or it misfires in the house. Again, there is many safety hazards with guns as well. Like misfiring, or if they get jammed and could potentially blow up in you face. Which are all valid reasons and all of these do happen
So, in the end i say guns are fine. As long as you know how to properly use them, store them safely, and keep them out of reach young children i say they are completely fine.