The Economy | Teen Ink

The Economy

I do not get why people are so worried about the economy. It has been worse before this. There have been many rescissions and one great depression. The economy is like a roller coaster, it has its ups and downs. So right now we are at the bottom of one big hill.

The economy has been falling since 2006, but we didn't care, did we? When it started rising after 2002, we thought it would soar for many years. Now, we are in a recession, and are spending less and less. This has made the economy fall even worse.

The 1930's was worse than this one could ever be, but the way most people are looking at it, makes people think it is just as bad. We have an unstable economy, and are just running away from it, instead of trying to support it.

And is this economy really worse than the 1930's depression, or are we just paranoid?

Let's look at the facts, from both sides.

For one, the amount of homeless people and hobos is lower than it was back then.

For two, even those without a job, had lost it, still have an income.

For three, we are using a Stimulus Bill to help our economy.

Now, let's look at the stimulus bill.

It is of literally no use, about as helpful as a monkey paying taxes, or it will be of major help to our economy, and will pull us into a height of the economy.

The money could be put into the national debt instead of our economy. Or, it could even create desperately needed jobs. We don't know if it will help our economy or kill it.

Let's compare our economy to the one in the 1930's.

The people then lost jobs by the thousands, and had no money to help them. Those without homes would usually die or hide in old buildings. They would line up by the thousands to get bread, but few would get any. The average salary was $2 a week, and if you got that, you would lose your job.

Now for our economy.

Most people have jobs, and those without jobs are still cared for. Jobs today are lost by the tens, and most people find new jobs soon. If their home was foreclosed, people could move to shelters, and not brave life on the streets.

So, here's the big question, how do we fix our economy?

There are many ways.

For one, we could build a new city in the middle of nowhere, to bring in more jobs.

For two, we could recreate the 'New Deal', created by US President Herbert Hoover.

For three, we could use the stimulus bill.

Or, for four, we could enter a third world war.

The final idea would work in a weirder way then the other ways. It would kill people, so we would not need to give them money (sorry, that was kind of heartless, and I mean no offense to people who have had relatives die in wars). More jobs would be created because weapons are needed. It would bring money in because we would be spending money on war machines. Finally, it would give most people a chance to work.

The economy is at a low, and there are many ways to fix it. Not all of them will work. Some will do strange things to our economy. We will never know which one is the right one, and we will have to find out the hard way which one will work.

on Apr. 25 2010 at 5:32 am
Treefiddy BRONZE, Tarzana, California
There factual errors and there was very little substance to be found here.

IRBFGW DIAMOND said...
on Apr. 2 2009 at 2:25 am
IRBFGW DIAMOND, Cincinnati, Ohio

"Hey, assbutt!" Supernatural, Castiel.

I agree, people sorta need to calm down. no offence, just my opion.