Why Glasses Suck | Teen Ink

Why Glasses Suck

By Minnie-Mousee BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Minnie-Mousee BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

To Love Is To Destroy, To Be Loved Is To Be The One Destroyed

Would you think that a girl like me with glasses would write about why they suck? No right? I thought so but I seriously hate them. If it were up to me I'd be without them forever. Seriously who here doesn't think they suck?

Glasses are so annoying. Who even came up with the idea of them? Having to wear them all day is a huge problem. They fall off when I look down, they bobble up and down when I run and fog up when it's too hot. I even have to have a back up pair just in case they break. And let me tell you, they break very easily and it's so frustrating because then you can't see anything and it's a problem but you still know that you hate them. But you need them and that triumphs the hate.

There was a time when I really hated wearing glasses. My sister was about 3 years old and I was playing with her trying to make her smile. Now for some reason babies just love to reach for them and I don't get why. Anyway I took them off because my mom was doing my hair and it wasn't until I looked up that I saw the piece of my glasses in my sisters chubby hand. I cried, I have no reason why I cried but I did. I was so scared that they wouldn't be fixed but my mom told me it was she was just a baby and didn't know any better. We taped them up and it was so horrible I hated it.

Another thing is how much it sucks when you can't find them. It's like a game of hide and seek but instead of a person it's your glasses. Everyone loses their glasses, everyone and if you don't you deserve an award. You need your glasses to find your glasses and that's just a challenge. I think losing them is the worst part but when you find them you're so happy and you love them. But I don't I'll always hate them.
So now you see why glasses suck. From getting them broken by your little sister to losing them because they blend in with the couch.

The point is that they really suck, the only good thing is that they come in different shapes and sizes but that's about the only good thing. Would you want to wear them if you had a choice? The answer should be no sure they help you but there's better things out there.