To Dance | Teen Ink

To Dance

By nmartine0722 BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado
nmartine0722 BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado

I was born into this world fighting to prove people that I am more than just what you see and inside there is more to me than what looks like a poor little girl. I was born without a father by my side and the only when I could ever count on was myself. I was the first girl born into this family so everyone just thought it was this week. I like any other girl love to show who I was without talking as I was silence my whole life I knew that there was only one way I could show people what I love and speak in my own way. I dance. I danced for power I danced for string I dance just because I love it. I dance because it brought out mean I didn't bring out the person that people saw as dyslexic or the person that people saw as week. Growing up being dyslexic was like always trying 10 times harder than anyone else. My teachers came up to my mom and told him that I couldn't even read well everybody was reading. My deepest fear was reading out loud that the teacher would go on that I would mess up a simple word and be made fun of because my brain didn't work easily as others. I love to dance because I didn't have to read because I didn't have to put two into together to come up with a simple problem I just had to  be myself. As I went through elementary school learning how to read how to write all I could think about was how this is never going to change that I am never going to change that no matter how much any teacher will try to help me I would still be as dumb as everyone put me out to be. When I went into middle school I started talking and being more open until one day someone told me that I was done and that I wasn't the best. I reached a high school finding myself. Learning that no matter what anyone says I am so much more capable than what people people put me out to be. I can read I can write I can dance. I showed people what I was capable of and I thought I couldn't do anything but I can read and I can write better than anyone else. The way I feel when I'm dancing is like flying and being free and that is how some writers feel just as free as I am when I'm dancing. My mother told me that if I am passionate about something then I would do amazing at it so what I was passionate for and what I was striving for was to stop letting people get in my head. My story was simply that I was born a little girl just as simple as everybody else just as special as everybody else and just as different as everybody else. I had challenges of course everybody in this life has challenges. Life isn't life and things are just handed to you. You must work for what you want no matter what it is. I put myself out there and all I did was get results and the results don't even matter because I believe two I was and I showed people who I was and I was proud of myself every single second because not only did I know how to read and write but I dance. My story is only simple. You do things a passion and dedication and intention but every dance moves I dance on the floor and you only get the best results. I close my eyes and then get night that sometimes I'm not good enough and sometimes I'm better than anyone else but neither of those are true I'm just as good as everyone else I can read and write just as well as anyone else in my class I can dance and move and stretch just as good as anybody else. I am who I am because people told me that I was not capable of being who I am today. I am who I am because nobody believed in me but I always believed in myself. I am who I am because I have passion and dedication.