Mac Is Inferior to Windows | Teen Ink

Mac Is Inferior to Windows

By Vinguyen20 BRONZE, Ho Chi Minh, Other
Vinguyen20 BRONZE, Ho Chi Minh, Other

When buying a computer you have to find a computer that is right for you depending on your use of it . Choosing either OS X or Windows is a tough decision but if you had to ask, I would pick Windows. Although Mac’s may have a more sleek and secure software, Windows is a far more superior operating system, due to them being globally dominant, better at processing heavy programs, and has a cheaper and wider selection of computers.

When considering Windows, you have the ability to download most files on the internet and have better compatibilities with many softwares and hard drives since Windows is the most used software in the world. Having a windows laptop gives you the privilege of being able to upgrade your computer easier since there are many customizable standard components that you could build on your computer. With Mac all you are allowed to do it upgrade your system processor that is already preset. Also with a better backwards compatibility, you can install a modern computer software with a 5 year old computer.

One other thing is that Windows can process many heavy programs for example, video games. With a wider access to processors that can easily upgrade PC’s you can customize your computer however you want it to be. From playing a simple side scroller platformer to next generation graphics FPS(Frames Per Second), you can do whatever you want. As a gamer myself, having a computer that can process heavy programs is great .You could get a Intel Celeron for a simple computer or a Intel Atom if you wanna take things up a notch. The possibilities are endless! With Mac’s high resolution, it struggles with slow graphic integration, resulting in a slow FPS. With Windows’ capability to process heavy programs, there is a wider range of games and applications available for you.

For Windows there are many cheap and wide selections of PCs and laptops to choose from so you can budget according to your plans. With numerous selections, you have the liberty to choose specific types of computers and there is a higher chance of finding the computer that suits your needs. You could buy a Asus E402MA for a little under $300 if your  budget is a little short or a HP Pavillion for a bit over $500 just for gaming.

With Windows being a more popular use of a computer many have created viruses that can easily hack into your computer and corrupt or maybe even erase important files which might be a setback for many people. However this problem could easily be solved with a security system. All you have to do is download a prefered security system like Kaspersky Internet Security or Norton Security that will help block and detects viruses if they try to infiltrate your computer. This means not having to worry as much as you would’ve expected when getting a windows computer.

In the end, all that matters is how your opinions and lifestyle works. Maybe you just want a computer that looks really sleek and clean, but choosing the right computer for you is what’s most important. It is a much wiser decision to choose Windows since it is globally dominant, better at processing games, and has a cheaper and wider selections of PC’s and laptops.