Fake Child of Mine | Teen Ink

Fake Child of Mine

May 14, 2015
By MorseToad BRONZE, Great Falls, Virginia
MorseToad BRONZE, Great Falls, Virginia
4 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill


Some may belive that sometime in the future they would want geneticly engineered children. People are fine just the way they are. Imperfection is part of life it is evolution itself. Certain imperfections might be wonderful. Genetic engineering is creating people in our own image that we think are perfect, while we should be admitting that maybe we are perfect in a imperfect, human kind of way. Genetic engineering is biologically taking away free will, natural evolution, and the essence of humanity.

These machines maybe free of birth defects and enhancements what we think should be dominant traits, chosen by their parents or the government, and genetic imperfections but at what cost? Who would decide what is normal and not normal, would we create so much abnormalities that the government has to step in a normalize it? What of their lives, what do they want to be, their ideas and who are we to take them away?

We set the characterizing on ideal reality, but what is intelligence without a soul. Are we truly defining what we aspire or are we creating a walking calculator? A mindless machine, or something that you have painted in your mind, your child would grow up to be, to look like. What of the small surprises that a child would brings, if you know what will be, or influence what would be then. Is it not the same as a drone, something that obeyed you commands from day one?

Maybe an extra set of arms might be helpful, but are they really human? We might create an abnormally to let us lead a comfortable life. Are they really your child not a machine, not a characterized program that you genetically tweaked? They might look human, act like us, but in truth they would be wolf in sheepskin. Never going to be exactly like us.

The only people who would want a genetic engineered child would be the government, and by child, I meant man. Would you really want a machine when you can have your own flesh and blood? Why would you ruin your own child and transform it into a machine that obeys you every command. What of the child’s life, what of the path, and future it could take?


The author's comments:

This was actually a prompt that my Saturday schools English teacher gave out. I believe that people could derive thankfulness of the way they are, and how they look. I know many pubescent children worrying about their looks. Now day’s small children even carry make-up. I find this absolutely unorthodox, when I was their age I still thought boys had cooties, and make-up was for old people. (Pardon me if I might have offended you, but I was trying to back up my opinion of the younger generation)