Nanoscalic Views | Teen Ink

Nanoscalic Views

By Anna.R BRONZE, Round Rock, Texas
Anna.R BRONZE, Round Rock, Texas

"Hurt me with the truth but never comfort me with a lie."
-Hiro Mashima (Manga author)

Some people believe that space goes on for eternity and will never end. Others believe that space has a stopping point, and one day we'll find it. Either way,  no matter how you look at it, both beliefs portray us human as minuscule and insignificant compared to everything else in our vast and eternal solar system. We're so small, it's almost frightening. A supernova could be occurring in another galaxy and we wouldn't have the slightest clue because of how little we'd be affected by it. Even so, here on Earth, us homosapians are huge; figuratively and literally. We're titans compared to insects and germs, and our population nearly doubles the majority of the animal species on the planet. Species that once thrived on our green planet now scramble to live because of our infrastructure and destructive way of living. All of this is due to our enormous size and love for building things at large such as buildings, bridges, walls, etc. And at the alarmingly fast rate we're repopulating at, the Earth is soon going to reach it's carrying capacity for life forms of any kind. Because of this foreshadowing, scientists and experts are scrambling to find ways to live on other planets and in space. Despite our minuature size compared to other things in the solar system and beyond, humans are enormous. If humans were to grow so large that we must find new living spaces, perhaps we aren't all that small at all. It's possible, that all we have to do to see our mammoth size is change our perspective.

This is just me telling my opinion on the size of humanity.