What Matters Most | Teen Ink

What Matters Most

By Amber Sipper BRONZE, Luverne, Alabama
Amber Sipper BRONZE, Luverne, Alabama

If you were asked the question what matters most to you, what would your answer be?  My answer would have to be my family. My family is extremely important to me and I don't know what I would do without them. They have been a huge influence on my life and the choices I have made. They have always been there for me and mean the world to me.

You might ask why I would say my family is the most important thing to me but can you think of anything else that matters more than your family? They will stand beside you and support you not only in the good times but in the bad also. I feel so blessed to have both of my parents and two sisters! So many children don't have either. It truly saddens my heart to think of how many children are in orphanages or living in homes where they are not loved.

When I am sad or feeling bad I can always count on my Dad and Mom to help me through the problem at hand. I never have to face the problem alone. My parents are always there to back me up. I am a stronger person because of the support and love I have had during my adolescent years. They have influenced me in many ways and always tell me to strive to do my best.

I hope to one day have children of my own and I hope I can give them the love and support my parents have given me. I will strive to be just like them and always make sure my children are my first priority just like my parents have done for me for the past sixteen years. I know that no matter how old I am I will always be able to depend on my parents. I hope to be able to pass the love my parents have given me to my children one day so that they will be able to do the same for their children. I want to be able to help children who don't have a loving home and be able to be a good influence in their lives.

I will be starting college in two years. I look forward to starting this new chapter in my life with the wisdom love and virtues I have been privileged to learn from my family. I hope to become a pediatrician so that I can help others. I want to be a mentor for those who have had no one to care for them. So again I will say what matters most to me is my family. They have helped to make me the person I am and the person I will continue to strive to be.

I love my family very much.