Stop Animal Abuse | Teen Ink

Stop Animal Abuse

Have you ever wondered if animals had feelings? Well, I believe they do. We should stop hurting animals. They can feel this pain like we can. Some people test animals in place of humans, make dogs fight each other, and beat animals. This is horrible to think about.

Animal testing is just plain bad. This "testing" may give us important information about humans, but it hurts the animals they test. Animal testing is just giving animals the pain we would endure. Imagine if you went through "a lethal dose test, the experimental substance being forced into your throat, or pumped into your stomach by a tube sometimes causing death by stomach rupture or from the sheer bulk of a chemical dosage". Some people think animal abuse is morally ok because it doesn't hurt human beings. Think of those animals that scientists make smoke cigarettes. These animals get around three packs a day. They die within weeks. Humans would most likely die too, but it would take longer and hopefully we aren't stupid enough to do that. This is not ok. It hurts real, living animals that have feelings.

This dog fighting thing people do is, also, wrong. I can't believe some people think dog fighting is fun or funny. What makes these people think that dogs' tearing each other apart is fun? It's disgusting. These people put two dogs in a ring and make them fight till the death for entertainment and money. Dogs should be equal with people. Do we put human beings in a fighting ring and watch them kill each other for fun? Sure, we watch boxing, but isn't that fake? People don't fight till they die in boxing.

People will take out their anger on their pets by beating them, comparing animals to punching bags. They hurt them or punch them out of their own anger. "There are 14,403 cases in the animal abuse database" according to pet-abuse.com. Neighbors of these peoples should report them. Animals deserve to be treated rightly because they are living creatures just like us. We should discourage beating animals for the pet's sake.

Whether we are using animals for friendship, work, food, or science, we have the responsibility of making sure that they are treated well. As laws have changed in the past to make it safer for animals, they will continue to change, hopefully offering more and more protection.

on Jan. 20 2012 at 12:09 pm
carothesparrow GOLD, Lilburn, Georgia

dont give up she will talk someday my friend made this quote she is really cool cause she understands about my sister
it starts with ONE to make a differerence!!! i learned this quote at a leadership camp

ohana means family no one gets left behind

i sooooo agree with this

edwardsgirl said...
on Jun. 28 2009 at 4:06 am
i completley agree