Accentuate the Positive

Have you every flipped through a magazine or newspaper and wish that the top stories weren’t about the growing rate of obesity, early teen pregnancies, or a great change that needs to made in this world? Does reading the same expository material ever make you want to quit reading them all together? For years now, the top stories in magazines or newspapers are usually complete downers. Why is it so hard to put in a story about something positive, something that makes you smile instead of worry? Although these stories may be informative, important or even interesting, it’s time to step out of the box and create pieces of literature that are purely written to bring happiness to the reader. In the hard times that the world is going through, is it really that hard to have something positive to say? So if you feel the same way, you’re not alone. I think it’s time to take action and make what we read what we enjoy. Who knows, this little change may be the key to the great difference those other writers always talk about.

BlueJeans14932 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
You have the right idea! This world needs more people like you who are ready to make people smile.