A friend Please? | Teen Ink

A friend Please?

By Asfia SILVER, Hanover Park, Illinois
Asfia SILVER, Hanover Park, Illinois

"Dreams are like stars, you may never catch them but if you follow them they would lead you to destiny." ~Liam Payne

I was walking alone again to class. I am a loser, a wimp, and a nobody. Apparently I was not lucky enough to have at least one friend.
I sighed and walked to class ignoring all the glares from my classmates. I sat in the back-as usual- and hid my face in my book.
"Okay class we have a class project about something significant that happened here in our country." My teacher- Mr. Andrew- said.
I always get stuck with the last person that doesn't have a partner and they make a very disturbing face. It makes me feel bad but I hold in all the pain.
I raised my hand with all my courage.
"Yes Darcy?" Mr Andrews asked me.
"Well can I work alone." I asked quietly like a mouse.
"No you can not and for further reference talk louder."
I looked down on the floor and I swear I was really red. I could feel the blood rushing in my face.
"Here are your partners..." and I zoned off waiting for my name. "Darcy and Jackson."
I looked up at Jackson and for the first time he was the first person who never gave me disgusted look.
I smiled at myself and he walked over to me!
"Hey partner!" he said in a happy deep, rich voice.
His perfect blonde hair was in place and his blue eyes were filled with happiness. When he smiled his dimples appeared on his left side.
"Hi there." I quietly said smiled.
He sat right next to me and took out a paper and pen and scribbled something on it.
He handed to me and the bell rang and he winked and left.
I opened the note and it said:
Call me beautiful ;) and we will do the project at my house xx
I smiled from cheek to cheek and knew I earned a friend.

Friendship is important in high school