Basketball is easy to play and fun to learn | Teen Ink

Basketball is easy to play and fun to learn

By ilovepickles BRONZE, Marlborough, Massachusetts
ilovepickles BRONZE, Marlborough, Massachusetts

Claim
basketball is a very easy sport for every age to learn and is fun to play.

Introduction
Did you know that there are about 500,000 people in a high school play basketball right now. Some reasons that basketball ball is fun and easy is that you can easily learn it, you are able to exercise and get your energy out and have fun at the same time, and you can clear your head and be able to get something off of your mind if it is bothering you. These are the reasons why basketball is a very easy sport for every age to learn and is also fun to play.

Body paragraphs
Basketball is a very easy sport for all ages to learn how to play. All you really need to do is be able to dribble a ball while running at the same time, run quickly back and forth across the court and pass the ball to people who are open if you are not. There is a statistic from Minnesota Amateur Sports commission had a survey on a high school boys who play basketball have 500,000 boys playing this sport. Another thing is that you learn to keep the ball to yourself and to give it to your teammates.That is the basics on learning how to play which is not hard at all.

Another thing is that you are able to exercise and get your energy out and have fun another way that you can do this is that if you are younger and you have a lot of energy you are able to get most of that energy out. You would also be able to make more friends and hang out with your teammates. This could also to put you in a better mood because if you really like the sport than you would be more happy when you are doing something you love. You are also able to stay fit while doing something that you love. Statistics from sport and fitness show that over 26 million americans play basketball.

The last thing is that you can clear your head and be able to get something off your mind if its bothering you. One way that this helps you is that if you are feeling overwhelmed you can clear your head by doing something that you really enjoy. Another way is that you can let loose if you are feeling annoyed and just play for fun instead of having all of the pressure that you end up getting for really wanting to win.

Counterclaim

Basketball is a hard sport to learn and is not that fun
Other people may claim that basketball is a hard sport to learn and is not that fun to play.
They might say that it is hard to learn some of the plays and techniques that are there. Or that you have to be a very concentrated person to play the game.However if you have never tried to play basketball you could actually think that it is fun to play but not to watch if you ever tried it and then your opinion maybe different. Also you just have to put a little bit of effort in and you will be having fun in no time.

Conclusion
Basketball is a very easy sport for every age to learn and is fun to play. That is how you are able to easily learn how to play and how you are able to get your energy out and have fun at the same time also you are able to clear your head and be able to get your mind off something if it is bothering you. Now what do you think after reading the article do you still feel like it is hard to learn and not fun to play?