Revenge | Teen Ink

Revenge

By -emma- GOLD, Miami, Florida
-emma- GOLD, Miami, Florida

I'm like a child who belongs to nobody
~Lana Del Rey~

“An eye for an eye would make the whole world blind.” Revenge is a deceitful thing that we all seek to get. It brings out the ugly monster that’s thirsty for vengeance. Revenge is focused on being punitive and injurious. We throw away our morals and religious view on life and turn into savages. Savages that have never been taught the edicts of life.
Just like lions are constantly hunting down their prey to eat, we hunt by seeking vengeance on those we despise the most. All for a feeling of fulfillment that we sulk in and dwell on. Laughing and looking down to the ones that you got over. It’s a feeling that makes you feel in your high almighty, boosting your confidence. Feeling like you are the queen and everyone else are your peasants. Right at your feet waiting on you for any little thing you need.
Revenge is served by those who are impatient and impulsive, instead of letting karma serve its purpose. An apology is rarely accepted. We think and feel like this from an incident in the past that has caused unforgettable pain. It left us with a bad taste in our mouths and from that day forward we promised ourselves to never let us feel that pain again.
Those who don’t remember the past are condemned to repeat it. But those who refuse to forget the past are condemned to reveal it. We have a mind set of moral vindication. Just like there are two sides of every story, there are two sides to every person. We are that person that we show to the world and want everyone knowing who we are, and we are that person that keeps a hidden agenda behind a secret smile.
Revenge is looked as vain and twisted to those who have moral forgiveness. Therefore, they will never understand the feeling it gives to those who have moral vindication. Revenge takes patience and skill to execute correctly without destroying your reputation. Our past defines who we are and gives an explanation of our actions. Those who don’t have a painful past will never understand. Those who share the same pain from the past share an incredible bond of mutual understanding and reasoning.
Some say that loyalty inspires boundless hope, but little do people know that there is a catch. Loyalty takes years to build and seconds to destroy. Once it’s destroyed it takes twice the times to build up again. Just remember before you embark on a journey of revenge, be sure to dig two graves.