Left and Right Sided Thinkers | Teen Ink

Left and Right Sided Thinkers

April 30, 2014
By MegoMyEggo GOLD, Solomons, Maryland
MegoMyEggo GOLD, Solomons, Maryland
16 articles 0 photos 0 comments

For generations, people have been tested and told whether they are a primarily left sided or right sided thinker. The two sides are referring to the two different sides of the brain, right and left, and whether or not you use one side more than the other. It is told that left sided thinkers are more logical, that they are more organized and are better at processing words. A left sided thinker would more likely read the entire manual before trying to assemble something. On the other hand, right sided thinkers are more visual and creative. They tend to be scatter brained and act spontaneously without planning.

Though this concept has been alive for so long, it has been debunked with experiments and further research into the way the human brain functions. We use both sides of our brains equally, though the different sides may be used more primarily for certain tasks, since different parts of the brain have different functions. These tests that tell whether you are a left or right sided thinker are really more like personality tests.

Even if there is no such thing as a left or right sided person, it is still beneficial to take a test to see which one you. It wouldn’t just tell you things about your personality, but also the best way you learn or process information. It could help to tell whether you learn best visually, hands on, or by audio. Tests like this can be found online pretty easily, just Google it!