Fast-Food Nation | Teen Ink

Fast-Food Nation

April 11, 2014
By Gisselle Dominguez BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
Gisselle Dominguez BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

In the article, "Fast-Food Nation" Allison doesn't make her point very clearly. While reading the article you wouldn't know whether she supports or disagrees with Americans eating fast food. In my opinion, Americans should try not to eat as much fast food as possible. In the article she says, "70 percent of adults in the U.S. are overweight and one third are obese." Fast food restaurants are lowering the prices on food that Americans find easier and cheaper to just go and order food and get it in a matter of 60 sec. It is causing Americans to let go of themselves and is creating a very lazy society. In today's society it's not very common to see kids playing outside, now all you see is children playing on their IPads while eating a happy meal. America has become a very lazy country. Allison may have a point and say it's easy, cheap and delicious to just get in your car and get food but there needs to be a limit. Allison clearly has a strong opinion about what she thinks, but we need to find solutions to end child obesity.