The Lazy Life | Teen Ink

The Lazy Life

By FordHarter BRONZE, Milford, Kansas
FordHarter BRONZE, Milford, Kansas

On a nice, bright, quiet day, this boy Ford wake up at 4:30 A.M. and gets ready for school. He rushes and starts to throw everything left and right. Trying to find his homework, his jacket, his shoes, he brushes his teeth, fixes his hair. He goes so fast that he finds out his shirt is inside out. He then fixes it, puts his hoodie back on, his hoodie ruins his hair, he has to fix it then he starts to hear the bus coming in front of his house. He starts running with the backpack slapping against his back, sun barely rising, bus driver with a big warm smile. He is off to school.

He walks slowly and patiently over off the bus and over to the school. He walks in with the music blasting in his ears and starts to walk towards the library. He turns on the computer and waits for it to load. He talks to his friends, conversations range from school, to rather nasty things. He rushes over to his first hour, then his second, third, fourth, then seminar. A long, stressful, exhausted day has finally past. Then it’s a quick walk to the bus. Then an hour long ride back home.

Ford arrives home to a quiet house. He sprints to the kitchen hungry. He becomes a black hole as he eats everything in sight, except the beans in the cabinet. Nobody like beans. He then slumps his bag on the table as his little brother bursts through the door. Ford starts on his homework. It is usually not much, such 2-4 pages of it. Unless of course the teachers want to make an evil plan of making the students due projects in every class with the same due date.

Ford finishes his homework quickly and starts to help his brother Jett with his homework. This can either take 10 minutes to 3 hours. It’s not that he doesn’t know it; it’s just that he doesn’t really care or want to try. After helping him, Ford runs to his room grabbing his shorts, a shirt, some crew socks, cleats, and a ball and runs so fast outside you would have thought that he was being chased by a huge monster. He starts to dribble the ball, he juggles the ball with his feet, sprint with it, shoot it at the garage (which his parents hate because Ford usually break something that’s in the garage), and he repeats the cycle for the longest of time. Ford goes until its night, 3 short, exciting hours of his passion, soccer. He walks inside dirty, tired, breathing really hard. He starts with his chores, which is the kitchen, laundry, feed the animals, living room, and sometimes Ford has to do his room or the bathroom.

The next day goes nearly the same as the other day, but when Ford gets off the bus, he gets a huge surprise. He see’s his parents by the door with his report card. All Ford hears when he gets inside is them telling him how lazy he is. How little he does to help myself and others. That Ford doesn’t even try for anything. It a hard thing for him to take. But I’m sure that it is for a lot of people whenever they get called lazy. It gets so frustrating and it haunts Ford’s head. Ford only can handle all the thoughts in one way: soccer. Then Ford plays it not until he is tired, but hurt, in pain, knees popping after every step, ankle feeling week, hips with a broken feeling. Notice, Ford never did his homework, he was too angry to do it; it takes one sad day to start a sad cycle. Then Ford gets in even bigger trouble the next report card. Ford hates to disappoint, but it is all a really nasty cycle. Don’t let those small, hurtful, annoying things get to you, they will just drag you down.

How I usually feel about life.