Ten Things To Remember About Life | Teen Ink

Ten Things To Remember About Life

By dzunig1 SILVER, San Antonio, Texas
dzunig1 SILVER, San Antonio, Texas

This is what I’ve come up with about life:

1) It sucks big time.

2) There’s absolutely nothing we can do about it. That’s right…nothing, nada, zilch, zip!!

3) Love is what makes life worthwhile. Whether it’s your love for you dog or for you spouse or boyfriend or girlfriend…love makes everything that much easier.

4) No one is what they appear. Though someone may seem like the strongest person in the world, like they can lift boulders and move the ocean with their own two hands…they’re not nearly as strong as you make them out to be. So know that they have feelings too.

5) SAY THE WORDS!!! Dude…just say I love you like the song by dc Talk says to. Because I personally wish I said them more often to someone because they really deserved to hear it.

6) Stop being such a jerk! I know from experience…being a jerk most of the time makes life a bummer. People don’t deserve it, so don’t be it.

7) Learn to smile! Hey…smiling….it can brighten up someone’s day. Learn to do it, and feel great while doing so.

8 ) All bad times will end! Life is not made of the bad times, but the good times…not by the tears we shed, but by the times we laugh…not the frowns, but the smiles…not the people we lose, but the people that are there for us through the best and worst times. So know that if you’re going through something bad, the good time’s just around the corner. If it’s raining…the sun will be shining soon!!

9) Talk to someone! I know…talking helps. It just did help for me…and writing can be classified as talking. So if you’re feeling really depressed and bad, tell someone about it. Talk to me if you have to…I’m willing to listen to anything.

10) Last but not least…LISTEN!!! If someone’s feeling really upset, listen to them. I know for a fact that it will make their lives better and easier by just being there and letting them talk. I don’t care how hard it is for you to come up with the right words to say, it’s not about that. It’s about just being there in the first place. Let them do all the talking, as someone said, ‘We have mouths that close and ears that don’t so that should tell you something.’

Aquaem said...
on Dec. 2 2008 at 3:13 am
I think it's true... But, life is something I believe is made up of good and bad times, it just depends when they all want to hit you.

tweedle dee said...
on Dec. 2 2008 at 1:50 am
um nope nogo didnt like it. totally agree with sunshine we can change anything if we really want to. plus it was kinda written like u didnt care. oh well i can be overcritical keep writting, it's good for you!

emofairy said...
i luvd this so much

yo momma said...
that was bad

Sunshine said...
on Nov. 26 2008 at 12:22 am
I totally disagree with your outlook. Call me a dreamer, but we can make the world better, and the good heavily outweighs the bad, if you want it to.