Students and Homework | Teen Ink

Students and Homework

I think that this is just crazy how much homework students get a night. They don't have enough time to do homework if they play sports. Students don't get to hang out with their friends after school. They even get homework over the summer. Homework is such a pain and as a student I hate it because there is so much more that I can do other than homework for an hour to two hours each night.

If you are a student playing a sport, do you want a lot of homework? I sure don't want homework when I have a game or practice. Homework at night is fine if you don't play sports but over an hour that's not fun if you are not home but two hours away playing in a game. The ride home will be in two to three hours than another 2 hour home. Thats a long time from home. I get up at 5:30 am so I don't get much sleep.

I no longer get to hang out with friends or go to the movies thanks to so much homework. I need a break every now and then but some fun homework is better than none. According to the author McPherson “Homework can widen social inequalities”. That basically means that homework takes from students social lives.

An obvious negative effect of homework is the stress (McPherson).Students are under pressure to get good grades all the time so that they get into a good collage. They don't even get a break when it's summer. They are also under pressure to get there homework done that they get over the summer. That's just wrong. Students should have a break at some point even if it is just a week.

Some parents think that students from the first grade should have over a half-an-hour of homework. Homework is such a pain and as a student i hate it because there is so much more that we can do other than homework for an hour to two hours.

I wrote this to try to get less homework at school.

marbles said...
i totally agree with u i play baseball and im on a fed team that plays all year long i cant stand mid terms or finals !!!