The Truth of Purpose | Teen Ink

The Truth of Purpose

March 19, 2014
By Meriweather SILVER, Indianapolis, Indiana
Meriweather SILVER, Indianapolis, Indiana
6 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be the change you want to see in the world."

















-Gandi


Ok, let's get metaphorical here. Now imagine the world is a bucket. And every human life is a drop of water. Some are bigger than others, while some are very tiny. The big ones have ripples that last longer than the smaller ones, but eventually all ripples must fade. Now imagine that the water is reaching the top of the bucket. Imagine a boot kicking the bucket and spilling all the water out. That is what's going to happen to the Earth. There will be many lives that drop into the bucket, and many will leave ripples. But I have a question. What is the purpose? Why are we even trying if we know that the ripples we leave will eventually fade, and ultimately be destroyed by the boot? Why do we work so hard to achieve things, to acquire stuff, to find love, to learn? Not because life is short, but because it exists! We were put here for some sort of reason. Why is not the question. HOW is what we need to be answering. HOW are you going to make your ripples? HOW are you going to leave your mark on the world? HOW will you find love? HOW will you learn? HOW will you LIVE? Will you enjoy everyday and thank the Lord you're alive to see it? Will you fill your head with knowledge so you can know everything about the world you're surrounded by? Will you love because you exist so love must exist, or will you throw it aside because it exists as a choice? Your purpose is your choice. Your choice are your life. Your life are your ripples. Make the most of your precious drop. You're free falling. What will you do to make the most out of your fall into the bucket? HOW will you LIVE?
What will you do?


The author's comments:
My idea on life is very distinct and this is just my view on the world. I wanted people to be able to see what I see and understand life like I do.