No More | Teen Ink

No More

The war should be terminated. It is now five years since we invaded the country of Iraq and during this period of time many lives have been lost and billions of dollars flushed down the toilet. Not only has this war taken the life of many brave American troops but it has been the cause of death to thousands of innocent Iraqi people, as well. It is now known and said by several experts that by the time this war ends not only will the toll of these deaths be much higher and discouraging but the total amount of money the USA lost in this conflict could become a ten-digit number. That is just intolerable. We could be doing much better things with such startling amount of money, than using it to fund these thousands of killings. We could slowly build up our economy again, invest in the education of our young ones and even afford to provide some money to support scientific researches that could improve our lives and the lives of future generations in diverse fundamental ways. By spending money on important things like these we would ensure a better economy (we would live in a stronger financial world), we could be providing our young ones a higher-quality education here in America that would give them the opportunity to compete in a sturdy competent global workforce where competition just keeps growing and we could improve our technology and help slow down complex processes such as global warming using our discoveries. Our education system would be able to compete with that of China, India, South Korea and several other countries whose schools are currently surpassing ours in different categories. We could do many things with this money. We could use it to create instead of destroy. We just need to put an end to the war and the possibilities would be endless.

sweetgirl said...
Well written!

Tom said...
on Nov. 24 2008 at 4:52 am
Well said. I agree with you.

Sunshine said...
AGREED! Nice work, and good points!