Memo To American Citizens | Teen Ink

Memo To American Citizens

This isn’t a lecture on what is wrong with our country, nor is it a speech on how our country is perfect. This is just a reminder to all American Citizens. Forget why we are in Iraq or any other part of the world fighting a war, we are there, for whatever reason. Let me clarify. We aren't there. Men and Women who gave up their lifestyles to protect and serve America are there. These souls give it 100%, day and night. Rain and shine. Our future as a country depend on them. They deserve more. To some they are just soldiers, not human but a pawn, but our troops get it done. Nobody will mess with America. Countries cower and terrorist hide in their caves. That should be something to be proud of, considering that our country has been a country for only 250 years. When you see an American Soldier, shake his/her hand. Say thanks. They deserve it.

Sunny said...
Yeah, I agree we should all repect the troops. However, Iraq was invaded based on bad intellegence reports and total lies, and it was not a threat. That is not the soldier's fault though, and it's a shame so many had to die in a war we could have avoided.

Kduggan91 said...
Nailed it. Perfect timing for a great article. They DO deserve congratulations on being the brave people they are.