What are you Afraid of? | Teen Ink

What are you Afraid of?

By DaniKay BRONZE, Monticello, Utah
DaniKay BRONZE, Monticello, Utah
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"Endings Are Not Your Destiny"
"The mountains are my fairytale"

I live in a world where success is expected, true love overrated and dreams underestimated. Where waking up is a blessing until you realize life’s harsh caressing as it pulls you and lulls you until it fools you, making you believe you’re nothing special. And the sun sets red because of the smoke & nature is forgotten, dead and a joke. Where people flower as they grow in power, but forget their brothers below. And happiness is gained by living a lie, but it’s alright cause it keeps your head high, as you die inside and your cries ring rye. Where potential is earned not something you’re born with and chivlary is forced not values you live with. And your freedom costs lives of family and friends, all to survive & in the end depend. We’re puppets of an unseen puppeteer, swaying and praying because it’s its will. Where will it end? This world that’s our friend. I’m scared of the future, what’s past and what’s now. I’ve dared to question the master, asking why we must bow. The answer is silence for unknowingly we're alone. We're losing our grip on reality and tone. Listening to a music that's a secret beheld, having the truth always, forever withheld. So you ask what it is that stops my heart cold? Tis the people and this world which profess themselves bold.

I was asked what i'm afraid of and this was my answer.