I Wish | Teen Ink

I Wish

February 13, 2014
By Mishamigo DIAMOND, Newton, Kansas
Mishamigo DIAMOND, Newton, Kansas
54 articles 28 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
We accept the love we think we deserve.


I wish that people were more fun and less angry. Most people probably wouldn’t start singing Celine Dion’s hit My Heart Will Go On randomly with you in public. They also might not wear unicorn birthday hats, but they should. They need to wear unicorn birthday hats and sing in public because if they don’t, they might regret it later. I’d rather have a life full of “Oh wells” rather than “What ifs.” Ya know?

People don’t realize that it’s very important to release your inner weirdness. There comes a point in everybody’s life where they hear their favorite song on the radio and they just wanna bust a move in public. That’s okay! Personally, I think it’s great when people are weird. Normal is boring. If everybody were the same, then how would you make a friend? You wouldn’t be able to decipher one characteristic about them that makes them special because they’d be just like everyone else. Maybe you don’t have to be weird to be fun, but it sure does help.
Being weird has it’s advantages and disadvantages. The disadvantages are that people would look at you weird and stay away from you. That’s okay, though, because that just means that they can’t handle how fabulous you are and they need some time to collect their thoughts. The advantages are much better. You get to escape the dystopia that is reality and live in your own little dream world where nothing could possibly ever go wrong. It also lets you be yourself and not care as much about what other people think.
I guess this whole thing was pretty pointless but it’s the kind of stuff that runs through my head 24/7. I’m not a normal girl and I don’t want to be. Like I’ve previously stated, normal is boring. I wanna make an impact in other people’s lives and you don’t get to do that by being the plain jane that is exactly like everyone else. I wanna stand out. It’s actually pretty important that I achieve this goal, too, because If i don’t then I think I might turn into one of those crazy old ladies who has like 80 cats in her basement and her hair smells like old newspapers. You get the point.
I just wish you could be weird or act like yourself without getting in trouble or without people getting mad at you. My mom always tells me to act normal. I’m not really sure if I know how to do that anymore. It’s not that I’m completely weird, it’s just that I act like myself and that can be a little overwhelming to people. I’m not usually called annoying but when I am, it hurts. I’m not trying to annoy anyone with my uniqueness (it’s a better word than weird) but it just kind of happens sometimes. So, if my strange qualities offend you, then I’m very sorry but I’m not going to change for anyone. I like myself the way I am and I think that’s all that matters.


The author's comments:
This was opinionated essay for writing class that we did:)