Being left out | Teen Ink

Being left out

February 7, 2014
By tcm19 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
tcm19 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you want to be happy, be."


Dear TeenInk,


Someone walks into the lunch room. They see a table full of people having fun and an empty table. They go to sit with the people having fun. Everyone gets up and walks away. How would that make you feel? Imagine that everywhere you try sit everyone walks away. On the bus. In the class room. Everywhere.
Kids have been sitting alone everywhere and being depressed for years. Most of them try to commit suicide, some even succeed. We need to inform people that leaving people behind is bullying, and bullying is not acceptable. When being bullied, the person feels useless and not wanted. When a person feels that way they hurt themselves, starve themselves, and usually suicide thoughts and depression. Most kids go through this at one point. It needs to, stop theres way too much bullying and leaving people out.

In order to prevent this we could invite people to sit with you. So if we inform people that leaving people out is taunting, making fun of, leaving out and picking on someone that has disabilities. If anyone has done that, apologize. If anyone has seen that, stand up for what is right.



Sincerely,

Taylor