Teen Pregnancy Rates Need to be Controled

In the modern world, teen pregnancy rates are highest in the United States, and 13 million children are born to teen mothers every year (Med Line Plus). Keeping and raising a child is one of the most challenging experiences for a woman. Becoming a mother while still in school is dangerous, and unhealthy. Pro life or not, there are other better choices for girls in this position.

Before teens make the decision to engage in sexual intercourse, they first should take the necessary precautions. Use protection, the most popular types of protection is condoms and birth control. Still they are roughly only 99% affective against pregnancy. When teens make the decision to have sexual relations it’s the safest form of protection to use birth control and a condom as well. There is still a chance that one of those little guys will get through; however, the chance is incredibly minute.
According to Med line Plus, two thirds of pregnant teens drop out of school without meeting graduation requirements, making it extremely difficult to find a good job in order to support themselves in the future. Which will lead to poverty, thumbs down. How is a mother supposed to raise a child having a part time minimum wage job?
Teens are also more likely to suffer from premature or prolonged labor, anemia, high blood pressure, placental problems, and pregnancy induced hypertension disorder. The emotional issues associated with giving birth at a young age include; depression, shame, guilt, and stress.
Most teenage girls already aren’t getting the suggested amount of calcium, iron, and other essential vitamins to for a healthy life, making it incredibly difficult to deliver a healthy child into the world. Not only will the mother suffer but the child will as well, without the proper vitamin intake the child can suffer from premature birth and, low birth weight (under 5.5 lbs). Children of teenage mothers are more likely to die in their first year of life than those of women in their twenties and thirties (Women’s Health Channel).
Parents of teen mothers are at risk of taking on, once again, a huge responsibility. Grandparents have already done their job. And because their child was irresponsible the chore is passed down again (March of Dimes).
Having to take care of a baby as a teen will change her life, “It changed my life because I have to go to a new school (home school),” said an anonymous source, “I can’t do all the things I used to do, I can’t get all the things I used to get because all the money I make goes to my baby. Also, I have to grow up really fast.”

No matter how many times the minister says “Gods watching” and no matter how much the health teacher says “you’ll get H.I.V” teenagers are going to have sex. Use proper protection or remain abstinent. Remember to keep it safe and baby free guys.

live laugh love said...
i argee girls(teen girls) dont need to have babies at such a young age

Pickles_Are_Funny said...
See, what I don't understand, is how many of the leading pro-life (or anti-abortion) people are 40 year old men who don't know what its like. No one can know exactly unless they have been through these hardships...But not everyone in the world was (or is) a pregnant teenage girl. Men can't be pregnant teenagers. It's just not possible.
However, most people can sympathize. I think that if you can't sympathize with these people in these situations, pregnant, struggling te... (more »)