I'm Scared Of What The Future Holds | Teen Ink

I'm Scared Of What The Future Holds

January 5, 2014
By JustaSmarticleee BRONZE, Summerfield, Florida
JustaSmarticleee BRONZE, Summerfield, Florida
1 article 0 photos 2 comments

Everyone has a fear, even the "indestructible" Superman will run away like a little girl if he is near Kryptonite, he wouldn’t make it that far though. Fears can vary on different levels like the common Arachnophobia, the fear of spiders, or rare like Phobophobia, the fear of developing a phobia.My fear is the future, just because how unknown and horrible it can be.
No one really expects bad things to happen to them.The homeless man you glanced at a while ago, wasn't expecting to be there. The woman being diagnosed with a deadly illness didn’t expect to have the illness.The young child who lost his mother didn't expect his mother to be gone ever.It's just like millions of bad things are out trying to get you, once you hit the age of eighteen.
Another downfall of the future, are all the responsibilities. It just seems that adults spend most of their life stressing and constantly working. Bills, raising children, and working just takes a big chunk of your life out. I remember when doing what you wanted when you wanted was a dream when I was young, really just the idea of staying up past nine-thirty fascinated me. But, being dependent on your parent for a decade and a half, then being thrown into the world of responsibility, isn't my idea of enjoyment.
A couple decades later, wrinkles, health problems, and grey hairs await you. After gaining all the privileges of becoming an adult, your body suddenly takes them away.Some elders lose the ability to drive, feel like a burden, and experience a lot of memory loss. Not to mention almost all elders experience some kind of serious illness, a majority being: diabetes, heart disease, and arthritis.It just doesn't seem right to become a adult, enjoy the privileges you have gained for a while, then your body decides it's done.
My fear is not an animal, nor an object, but the future.


The author's comments:
I just began to think of everything that could go wrong in the future.