People are Plants | Teen Ink

People are Plants

By Edward Brandenburg SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Edward Brandenburg SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

People are Plants

Walk straight, hold your head high—you are the queen of the school. Stop. Talk to your friends—you have to get updated on the drama. Keep your phone out, it makes you look cool. You—are—the –queen. In settings that involve both boy and girls’ contact with other people--there are infinite amount of differences between boys and girls in social situations and how they execute each response differently. Because they both have contrasting types of fight or flight responses, they each have distinct societal responses and different underlying meanings to each of their actions.

Females—females are like the flower Belladonna. They are beautiful and sweet on the outside, but once you start to irritate the flower and slowly pop each one of their berries—it soon becomes deadly. While, Males are like a weeping willow. They sway through the tides of life adapting and changing to the ever constant wind, but if you get it riled up enough their swaying can become deadly. But they always settle back down. Like trees, when boys interact they are never face to face. Their leaves slowly brush by the side of another’s but doesn't usually come in contact with another male. While the flowers are always face to face--they are always in contact with other flowers;having to fight for their spot in the soil. When girls and boys fraternize with others, they each have different meanings. Boys, they are straightforward--they have no ulterior motive. While girls, when they choose to act they have their own hidden agenda. They each have different types of flight or fight responses when they undergo an intense confrontation. The major difference between boys and girls fight or flight reactions is that if guys choose flight they are much less likely to retaliate. While for girls--they will retaliate cunningly. There is nothing more distinguishable than the difference between boys and girls in social situations--thus the importance. A parent must recognize what type of child they have and readjust their parenting accordingly. For example, if your daughter is the “socially awkward girl” try to sign her up for extracurricular activities, talk to your child about school, and keep in contact with her guidance counselor, they can help (Sax 75) In the end, it is necessary for everyone to understand how different boys and girls are socially, and to acknowledge and possibly readjust their communal techniques to not inhibit themselves socially.
The weeping willow and the belladonna are both magical plants, that if handled with care and the respect they deserve--then they will give you no harm. All in all, boys and girls have contrasting ways of association, because of their different fight or flight responses, their distinct social differences and their own underlying meaning to each reaction. If you learn how to prune each plant properly and garden well--these plants will give you no problem.