Music: Not Just For Fun | Teen Ink

Music: Not Just For Fun

Music is not only an escape from everyday life, it is an outlet for pain and sorrow to leave the life we live. Singing to a lot of people is just a past time, a hobby for fun, but to many people, including myself, music is our life. It gets us through the tough times, when nothing seems to go right, and through the happy times, when we in jubilation because of the joy we feel. Music is an extension of my soul not some tiny hobby like tinkering away at toys. Music and rhythm relate to life because in everything we do there is a certain rhythm or tune. Whether it be in the way we move or the way our day is set up, noticeable or not, it is there. There our times that we notice the gift of music especially if it is in a child, such as a prodigy, or if we a really good song on the radio. But most of the time, music goes unnoticed. If you have ever seen August Rush, you’ll know what I’m talking about when it comes to the hidden magic all around us. That boy pulled that music from everything around him, anything even, from the grass to the horns of taxicabs. I know music helps me day to day but what your friends the ones who struggle with their lives yet do not show it. If you take the time to help a friend even if it is just giving them the gift of music, telling them everything is going to be okay, it makes a difference. Maybe this person will have a gift and will grace you with it’s presence everyday after you put them on the right path. So, remember, music is not just for fun. It can help out a lot.

redcg416 SILVER, Parker, Colorado

People who think sitting in a church will make you a christian must think that sitting in a garage will make you a car.

You caught the essence of music in a paragraph. Well done. I love music and it plays a big part in my life. Thank you for writing this.

Myn Fiffin said...
on Jul. 16 2010 at 2:07 am
i really enjoyed music in my life..i share the story of my life with music too..music have encourage me in my life..