My Outlook On Life | Teen Ink

My Outlook On Life

October 20, 2008
By Anonymous

Have you ever looked up LIFE in the dictionary? I looked at several dictionary websites and the dictionary itself and found that basically all definitions have to do with biology. The definitions consist of words like “organism” and “environment”. If you could come up with a definition for life, I think you would agree your definition wouldn’t be so scientific. So, I asked myself what would be my definition of life be? And I came up with this. Life is the amount of times between birth and death that you take risks, laugh, love, and don’t hold back. Simply stated, I know, but it’s straight to the point. I think the problem amongst people is that they just take themselves and their lives way too seriously. I mean, think about it, you can get mad about the what not’s and what if’s or hold something against someone for a very long time, but where is that going to get you?

People need to learn how to laugh not only at others but at themselves as well. No matter what you’re laughing at, the most wasted of all days is one that consists of no laughter at all. Abraham Lincoln once said, “With the fearful strain that is on me night and day, if I did not laugh I should die.” You’re going to die at some point in your life, and there is nothing you can do about it. People spend too much time worrying about the future that they forget to enjoy the present. Think about that word. Present means right now and being alive right now and experiencing life, that is called the present. It’s called the present because it’s a gift that we should enjoy. You can’t enjoy it if you’re getting angry and making things difficult with people left and right because you’re taking yourself and others around you too seriously. I’m going to leave you with this quote from an ancient Buddhist, “What we are today comes from our thoughts of yesterday, and our present thoughts build our life of tomorrow: Our life is the creation of our mind.”


The author's comments:
I like to make people laugh and i cant stand drama. It seems like in life there are more dramatic moments that are so Unnecessary When really we could all just laugh at how unimportant they really are.