Vote McCain | Teen Ink

Vote McCain

October 18, 2008
By Anonymous

With the presidential election nearing, the pressure has been raised on Americans to pick their next president for the next four years. Do we want a democrat? Do we want a republican? So many questions on both candidates, but I believe that only one will get the job done right for the next 4 years, or even beyond that.

The topic that keeps coming up over and over on McCain verses Obama has to do with who has more experience in the world. It is undeniable that McCain has much more world experience over all. American needs someone who knows what he’s talking about and knows what it’s like out there, verses someone who talks the talk but has never walked the walk.

McCain has been in war, nearly losing his life, defending our nation. That shows that country does come first in his book, and that’s the way it should be.

McCain has much greater points than Senator Obama does on many topics. His plan to lower illegal immigration in the United States, which causes tax-payers millions of dollars each year, his plan for a greener, cleaner country and world, and much more.

The war in Iraq is a topic that never seems to go away.

The thing that so many people do not understand is that the troops have chosen to defend this country. It is not like the government walks around knocking on people’s doors, telling them they are on the next plane to Afghanistan tomorrow morning. It is no one’s choice but their own on if they sign the papers saying that you’re joining the service. They have decided to defend this country, and no one made that choice for them. What is made for them is where they go, when they do it, and how they do it. That does not mean that the government forces you to join the service.

If we pull the troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan, as Obama proposes, then we will look very weak towards other countries and appear as an easy target. It will be a mess trying to pull all the troops out, and if we came to Iraq and Afghanistan planning to get the job done, then we need to stay until we get the job done. Our country does not need to be full of lies promising things that aren’t going to happen. We were promised that we would get it done in Iraq and Afghanistan, and we will do just that. America does not need to look weak at this time, especially during this economic crisis. We are a huge target now with the economy slowly declining. Although this is being felt all over the world, it is effecting us greatly.

The economic crisis is of course a problem that has come up suddenly and recently, and Americans want answers from our candidates. Americans do not want someone in office who will do nothing about this, and sit back watching it all fall apart. They need someone who will do something about it.

President Bush has started working on fixing the crisis, but he will be in office for only a mere less than four more months. One of our candidates needs a successful plan as to fix this. I believe that McCain has the best plan as to fixing this problem.

True, we have had a republican in office for the past eight years, and it has been a good eight years. Yes, there were the ups and downs, but it was over-all great. If we suddenly change from a republican in office to a democrat, things could change fast and for the worst.