What I want For Christmas This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

By , Alexandria, VA
Normally, I don’t really think about how fortune I am. If I even think about that sort of thing at all, I think, “Oh my gosh! I am SO starving! I wish that the Thai food would just hurry up and GET HERE!I’m soooo unlucky” That is really not the thing to be complaining about. I have been thinking recently that everything is way too material. I mean, I just blew $40 on a new pair of boots and thought nothing of it. I get an allowance every month. My parents pay for my phone, and really most of my life.

I really need to get over myself! I mean, when I think that I’m unfortunate because some guy doesn’t like me, or because I have to pay a fine on my library book, there are actual people that have actual problems. It only costs, like $35 to feed a child in Africa for a month! That’s about how much the top I’ve been drooling over at Anthropologie costs (And it’s on sale…)

So that’s why this year, along with asking for some presents for me, I ma going to ask for some things to help other people, because there are a TON of people who have way less the I do, and I really want to pass on my good luck. Because honestly? It could just as easily be me.

GreyGirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This has a good sentiment, but the writing could be refined. Try reducing slangy terms such as "like" and "ima" to polish your writing. Also, ALL CAPS is generally not necessary in proffesional writing. Good for you, though for trying to do the right thing! Have a happy holiday :)