Hurry before it stays ! | Teen Ink

Hurry before it stays !

November 26, 2013
By Clova PLATINUM, Miami, Florida
Clova PLATINUM, Miami, Florida
26 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Brave, unconcerned, mocking, violent-thus wisdom wants us: she is a woman and always loves only a warrior


There! That’s it! That something-something, olalala, je ne said quoi! Do you hear me? Do you see it? So bright, so vivid, I want to touch it. Hell, everyone wants to touch it, be it, live it, love it. “It”. No adjective would suffice in describing this swell, intangible “it”.

How blessed am I to encounter such a divine prospect of life, on multiple accounts as well. As a little girl, “it” was second nature to me. This: “I”, “you”, “they”, “me”, “him”, “she”; “it” was so clear and blunt. Found in the cracks of sidewalks that I constantly skipped over, the fits of giggles after running through an empty field with flushed cheeks, and bed time kisses after warm home-cooked meals. Mentally, I soared, I knew not of limitations and the handicap “no” brought. Instead I drew as if I were a master, socialized like a blind mind and loved education with not a worry in mind.

As youth faded and the bright light that seemed to touch all dimmed, “it“‘s presence slowly became scarce. This abrupt change often led me to feel alone, as though I had lost “it” and the wonder “it” brought was forever gone. Filler substances down poured into what I thought was an empty hole. In reality, these acquaintances, these tumbles, these clouded moments became the fuel I needed to catch fire when “it” roared through my life again.

"It" can be both simple and complex; both a pinch of rays and a faucet of rain. Often, "it" is missed, for it comes in both failure and success. My life had dimmed only for "it" to return and show me how I began to bloom alone, with my own self-desired ambition. Morality was "it“‘s first major lesson.

Sitting in my room, racing through what seemed like a never-ending labyrinth of self-pity and pain, the red walk way led me no where. Twas in that moment “it” reminded me of pleasure. The pleasure of being alive, the pleasure of running not toward an empty abyss, but to become “it” myself.

This initial, understanding, impact drove me mad. Drove me into the world of finding myself and touching the world with my own light, while leaving a garden trailing behind me. Choked with the future, an understanding of time, my place in the world, concepts that seem insurmountable, became my very own mysterious puzzle.

And as I grew, I returned to my childhood brightness. Embracing the way wind made me smile, the fabric of my style, the adventure and wealth a novel contained. My life’s changes, a long with glimpses of “it”, slowly brought me to the present.

A present, a gift, a wonder, today is. “It” can be found almost on a daily basis, because slowly I am becoming my own source of
"it".

What is this glorious, miraculous “it” you ask? Why, darling, tis the undefined. The road that drips across nations, spilling into the lives of millions. The rise and fall of each breathe I take. The simplistic god like gift of kisses, socks, the smell of a memory drenched in coconut scented perfume. “It” takes the form of a family hug, the rejection of the wrong soulmate that sent you into the arms of an epic love. Some people say God, a intangible master of the universe, that he spells miracles on a daily basis. But, truth be told, “it” is the master. “It” is both tangible and intangible, hope and craze combined with the rush of warm sea water grasping your ankles. “It” has been found through the manic minds of many, the artists and scientists seeking the unexplained. “It” is the all-consuming prospect that can either burn you alive or allow you to become a flame. We are all “it”. “I”, “you”, “they”,”me”, “him” her”, we are the blessed children of logic and imagination. We need not a dictator of mysterious rules, we need only the drive and fire found within. Touch your sheets, soak in a steamy shower, smell his sweater, marvel at the skies dance of light. We are surrounded by “it” because we are “it“‘s equal.

Walk up each morning and embrace the ying and yang of “it” in your world. A new life began today, while another ended. Time stretches before you like the view of night city skyline. Speak your mind, fight your cause, open your mind, learn something new, change your environment, love your lover, hug your parents, create art, solve a difficult problem. Roam this Earth as “it”.


The author's comments:
Finding a purpose