music | Teen Ink

music

By allsmiles1958 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
allsmiles1958 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

Music… what is music. Well to me it’s everything. To me music is an addiction. Without music I wouldn’t be myself. Mostly everything I do or say is about music. It is a part of me and how I live. I’m not your everyday girl so when I say music it’s not just hip hop and rap. It’s everything you could think of country, oldies; rock, pop and depending on how I’m feeling Disney. Then when I come across good music it’s like I get goose bumps all over. Music is one of the ways I’m unique. Sure you’re probably saying it’s not as important as I’m making it out to be but you don’t realize that it is. Music is everywhere such as elevators, stores, and sometimes even in your heart. There are people who express themselves in poetry but what you didn’t realize is that poetry is lyrics and all you need is a beat. Studies have shown that some of the violence and the way kids are growing up are because of the music that is all around them. Don’t get me wrong music doesn’t always have a negative effect it’s just the way you use it. Like in the early 2000’s Michael Jackson and a bunch of other popular singers came to get and made a prophet free song and gave all the money they raised from that song to kids in need. Music can affect any and everybody including you. You might say you don’t like music but you just haven’t found the music of your liking. There are endless varieties of music for you to choose from and if you just give it a try I promise you’ll find something that interests you. Music has gotten me out of so much that I’ve lost count. It’s hard for me to just sit and be chill but when I’m listening to music I’m the mellowest person you’ll meet. Music is very powerful so love it, admire it just don’t abuse it. This is just my view on music it probably doesn’t mean much to you I just thought I should share. Thank you all for taking the time to listen to my view on music but the question really is what’s yours?