Coming to the Realization | Teen Ink

Coming to the Realization

By Safina SILVER, Sequim, Washington
Safina SILVER, Sequim, Washington

I'd Love To See the Day When The Bird In the Cage Escapes
Sunrise Comes Skeleton Shows Feathers Fall Bones Crumble

Coming to the realization that everything in life is constantly changing & that’s just simply how it is accepting that will set your mind free. I can’t specifically infer it will for everybody but for myself it has help my mental state tremendously. Everything I mean everything is constantly changing whether you choose to recognize it or not. When negative things would happen to me to be honest I would get super frustrated and hesitate on my reaction ; & what thoughts pondered my mind was what would a negative reaction accomplish? What would holding onto anger help me but make my soul nasty? What can I do now it’s already and done with? I can’t do anything that would seem logical because even tho several seconds had passed by it was officially in the past, I can’t affect the past its already done and over with. A lot of people either know or have a misunderstanding that reacting negative is never a solution it furthers towards destruction. Over time I’ve observed people get oh so angry at something they can’t change let alone sad. It’s unfortunate too see these souls put themselves through such misery. Loosing people, getting a new job but having to move, falling in love with someone you thought you once hated, having kids, getting the wrong text, anything and everything is always changing & it’s a personal choice too view it as a positive or negative whatever one it is you are the only person to let go with a positive aspect or react negatively & keep dwelling on something that was important then that is meaningless now. It's that I don't care about others and they feel but I'm not going to care for someone or show them sympathy for burying themselves in saddness/anger that is fully capable being let go and then coming closer to finding the pursuit of happiness