Glow so Strong It Burns Up the Sky | Teen Ink

Glow so Strong It Burns Up the Sky

By Mollyvg PLATINUM, Springfield, Virginia
Mollyvg PLATINUM, Springfield, Virginia

"For each of us there comes a time when we must be more than what we are"

Lloyd Alexander

It is often the brightest stars which burn out the quickest. The light they exude shines too brightly, too strongly to be contained. They are filled with passion that cannot be tamed; it bursts from them in waves of heat. Passion for life, for knowledge. For specific things that captivate their talents. Their light shines from their souls, so brightly that often it may hurt the eyes of those inexperienced with dealing with stars of this caliber. These stars are the rarest of them all, gems in a bleak, weary world. The problem with these stars, however, is that a flame so bright can only produce light for so long. Eventually the light dies. It does not fade out slowly like that of their dimmer cousins. No, just as their light initially exploded from their spirits in a single, awe-filled moment, it dies in the same way. One second it is lighting up the universe with its profound passion for life and the next it is crippled. Light gone, hope gone. Exhausted from shining for so long, so brightly, these stars lose their passion to the throes of the world. The stress and the struggle. They simply burn out. We can only hope that once nurtured, these stars will slowly grow again and tentatively regain their light. Once again may they fill the world with laughter and song, with hope and happiness. It is rather sad, but it is often the brightest stars which burn out the quickest.