My Life | Teen Ink

My Life

September 21, 2013
By Music_Life BRONZE, Sammimish, Washington
Music_Life BRONZE, Sammimish, Washington
2 articles 1 photo 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Music has been there for me when people have not"


I believe that life is a song. Vivaldi’s Concerto in A Minor first movement, starts exciting and loud, this being my birth. In life you always learn life lessons, mine usually being in the summer. This is the tuti part of a song. There are many solos describing the different parts in my life. The first solo is the story of my elementary life coming back into a tuti shortly as that period of my life seemed to fly by quickly. The next solo is my middle school experience. I had high A’s and Low C’s. The high and low notes with accidentals represented my accomplishments, failures, and accidents in life. This is a harder passage of the song, as it was for my life. I then come back into the tuti getting ready for high school. The passage starts easy then gets progressively harder as just like high school. I relearn some of my lessons. This time there is much more context that I understand, like why grades matter and why a good education is important. The third solo then begins. This is high school. There are 16th notes that I notice to be the pace in life picking up. I go through that journey as a teenager and from there on I can only guess what the rest of life will be like. Life is back in the tuti again but now preparing me for collage. The fourth solo begins on a high note then goes down a scale, which to me means that I am going to under estimate the challenge of collage. At the end I graduate with a degree and start a summer looking for a career. This is short and I find my career. Adulthood goes by fast. These are all 16 notes with accidentals representing the times in life to be proud and ashamed of. The last tuti is after I have retired and have reflected on a high note and am proud of what I have done in life. Music does not represent a single part of me, but me as a whole. As you can see from above I can relate my whole life what I have lived so far and what I am guessing it to be like in the future.