Television Affect | Teen Ink

Television Affect

October 3, 2008
By Anonymous

Television Affect

“Television corrupts the minds of our youth,” many people say. This is not always the case. More and more shows are coming out that are educational and interesting. In my opinion television is a very important method of communication. Kids and adults are learning new things each day.
Weather, news, and information are constantly changing and growing. The television is an easy way to keep up to date. If there is a storm in your area, there is a local channel warning you about it. The media can twist information, but news channels still let you know what is going on in your area and in the whole national. Presidential Debates and other conferences are also on television. It is important to know what is going on when it comes to politics and weather because they can both directly affect you.
There are many new educational shows coming on television that are also entertaining. Some fascinating shows are Build it Bigger, How Stuff Works, Man vs. Wild, Stuff Happens, and Dora the Explorer. There is a large variety of subjects that you could learn about. Topics include History, Science, Language, Cooking, Art, Gardening, Fishing, Engineering, and so much more. There are entire channels devoted to educate their viewers. You can learn a lot about the world around you, without leaving your home.