Live For What You Die For | Teen Ink

Live For What You Die For

By laurenlevi SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
laurenlevi SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

Beauty is but skin and organs. Nobody likes he bones. Everyone claims to like the soul, but nobody really knows what it looks like.

Live For What You Die For

As is portrayed in the philosophical view of the ideology by the philosopher of whom we cannot name (Due to the foolishness of me misplacing the document), to release your very soul from its physical container is what gives meaning to a life. It is the very sacrifice that is the equivalent to the all-spiritual perfection of Nirvana in Hinduism. This comparison is the very tone of which the philosopher chose to portray this ideology. His applaud for the very idea can be heard across the world. This is what provoked me to counteract his opinion.
To live is, simply factual. To live fully is, complexly biased. To live for, is virtually unanswerable. What is to live for? To live for is to live a life evolved, a life revolved around an individual ideology. To live for, is to die for. To die for, is the sacrifice of the God given right to live. Dying for an ideal is a philosophy that requires radical devotion, mental and soulful constancy, and complete, confident belief. Many individuals advertise this philosophy as a must. However, when placed in an instance where one must practice what he preaches, many the individual will not comply with the fanatical philosophy and not sacrifice their life.
Life is a precious gift that should be lived to the personal optimal expectancy, not to be terminated at the expense of a single engrossing ideal as depicted by the anonymous philosopher. Life is the very essence of the entire genesis of ideologies and philosophies. Sentience, viability, animation, and existence are the jeweled bestowals that are cherished wholly by every Homo sapiens. Prizing these factors of existence may not be thought of during every passing minute. Yet when a situation pertaining to death is brought about, an emotion of dire, desperate desire to cling and never release hold of the ability to inhale and process revitalizing oxygen, consumes and over powers logic, philosophy, and thought. Instinct is resurrected.
Yet, there is no cognition in my mind pertaining to the opposing opinion of the philosopher. The desperate, dire desire to cling to life is interpreted by the philosopher as a force that should be severely frowned upon. My interpretation of Instinct and the philosopher’s have gone down polar opposing paths. The Instinct conjured by the philosopher has its gears set on making the life lived by the individual until a given moment, full of meaning. The beliefs, ideals, morals, and endeavors of the individual should not have been in vain due to the terrible thought of preserving one’s life. No, Instinct in the philosopher’s matter has been programmed to make the individuals heart and mind stolid when it comes to dying for an ideology. I believe otherwise.

From the dark, dank cellar where it is kept and kept healthily alive, Instinct leaps up the rungs of the ladder. Drowning the individual in panic and uncertainty with a pressure so intense, it feels as if each of your limbs is chained to another, restricting every possibility of mobility. Instinct pounces on the individuals mind and starts to rip apart the outer flesh of the brain to feast on the vital memories, ideas, and thoughts from the past. Devouring these precious recollections and embracing in their delectability, Instinct erases them all. They vanish into thin air while Instinct takes over and runs rampant. Oddly, Instinct’s animalistic nature starts to settle after its feast. The beast becomes tame and becomes aware of the situation that primarily granted Instinct its limited freedom. Once the weight of the situation registers in the mind of the individual’s present usurper, the individuals previous mentality is lost.

Suddenly, that once familiar and believed philosophy of dying for what you live for becomes alien. The former virtues, spiritual meanings, and logical reasoning of the philosophy become horrific, terrifying, ghastly vices. Instinct processes these transformed vices and transitions it’s position into a ferocious defensive state. This defensive position is what causes the sudden turn of events regarding the reaction of the individual when coming face to face with death.

From this point and on, the individual’s thoughts are being filtered through Instinct. Only thoughts of preserving life are permitted to be processed and then be converted into actions. However, these actions may solely be to save the existence of the being situated in the life-threatening predicament. The individual now adopts Otto van Bismarck’s ideology of “Real Politick” and does everything in his power to avoid his life be taken from him. The victim of this life-threatening situation obtains newly sharpened senses, which aid to the victim in this time of despair.

Now, one may wonder what causes the victim’s senses to be sharpened specifically during this predicament? Due to the severity of the situation, Instinct heightens the victim’s senses by filtering the thoughts flowing through the mind of the victim and focusing the individual on solely the situation at hand and nothing more. Once all distractions are eliminated, the human senses become almost supernatural and are able to realize, process, and observe its surroundings and situations with precision, speed, and efficiency. This upgrade in the victim’s senses and thinking process yields to the solution of the adoption and utilization of Real Politick. The individual starts to realize ordinary objects and surroundings as potential key components for plots towards saving his life. The mind begins to formulate cynical, desperate solutions.

Morals, ethics, and common sense are no longer added into the equation of the thought process. Instead, they are replaced by recklessness, adrenaline, and yearning. While in the philosopher’s interpretation of “Live For What You Die For” too includes the utilization and disposition and yearning of Real Politick, the incorporation of said tactic is solely to fulfill the conformation sacrifice of which gives the life lived, significance.
However, I feel that many the individual will have the yearning to live. The yearning to completely forget and dispose of the previous ideology of which the individual would perish in order to fully revere. This is the psychologically correct reaction of the majority of people when placed in this life or death situation.

In the philosopher’s account, the philosophy of “Live For What You Die For” pertains to all. Fascists and non-fascists alike are expected to have some type of ideology that they become engrossed in. All are expected to give their life without a second thought for said ideal. However, I have taken into account both of the types of minds belonging to fascist and non-fascist. I believe that when a true fascist of an ideology is faced with the decision of living or dying for an ideal he holds, the reaction directly opposes that of a non-fascist. In a genuine fascist, Instinct has been well trained. In the mind and heart of a fascist, Instinct has gone through a brutal, yet affectionate maturation of sorts. The savage, rampant, craven, young Instinct has now matured and grown to be poised, determined, passionate, and courageous.

All of this change in Instinct occurs as a result of the belief of the fascist. The fascist is the ideal individual for the philosopher’s take on “Live For What You Die For”. When realizing a certain ideology, the fascist will delve into the subject and learn each and every fact pertaining to the said subject much like the engrossed individual of the philosopher. Once engrossed, the fascist not only engraves every piece of information into his mind, but also into his heart, soul, and emotions. This act of engraving causes the mentality, the emotions, reactions, and Instinctive reactions toward the said ideology to be altered. The drastic alterations that take place are so intense that the fascist completely resets himself completely. The fascist’s mentality evolves into a mentality that revolves on the ideology and nothing else. The new mentality thinks and bases its views and perceptions on the subject of infatuation. The fascist’s emotions too, come to be focused and concerned predominantly with the said subject. Yet, the most complete, and permanent change occurs within Instinct herself.

The once pristine, naturally reacting Instinct has been wiped clean of her former self. Once able to rise from her depths and take control of the human’s mind with ease, Instinct is now rewired. The animalistic savagery is taken from her grasp at an agonizingly slow pace. She begins to realize that her own choices of action and reaction towards instances are being rewritten. Now being programmed into her own brain, is a passion so pure, a determination so stubborn, and an opinion so stolid. This passion so pure is a passion for the ideology of which the fascist has become one with. This determination so stubborn is the determination of the fascist to do all in his capabilities to comply with said ideology. This opinion so stolid is the opinion of the individual to hand his life to the reaper himself willingly, and happily, in order to preserve the ideology and the individual’s belief in the ideology. All of this change imprints a characteristic of rage into the gene makeup of the newly born Instinct.

The mind of the fascist and Instinct become one entity; share one heartbeat, and one mind. This contrasts greatly to the mannerisms of the non-fascist individual. In the non-fascist, the mind and Instinct have opposing minds of their own, and act as if two entities within one, sharing a heartbeat. The two opinions toward dying for what you lie for are blocked by a great barrier. They are two roads bound away from one another. Yet, both are based upon the same philosophy. No definite answer as to which of the roads is the correct direction to head in will ever be given. The choice remains different to each individual. The choice remains yours.

This ismy philosophy. Give it a shot.