The Awakening | Teen Ink

The Awakening

By Rin25 BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona
Rin25 BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona

"The only thing to fear is fear itself." -Winston Churchill

Feelings consume us in the most depressing ways. Feelings like pain, guilt, sorrow, hurt, regret, rejection and our biggest-- fear.
And because we are scared of all those emotions, we begin to shut ourselves out and lose sight of our dreams and desires. And the moment we do that, it's so hard to rebound.
It can only take a stronger feeling than our deepest fear in order to help us escape from this maze of life that weakens us. That one "super-feeling," is love--
It stands right next to 'fear' on the scale of most powerful feelings. It is stronger than fear by only an ounce. For that miniscule ounce makes all the difference when saving us. And when love may fail, those haunted senses we've had in the past return.
But it's a cycle. And love brings us back to our conscious, happy selves.
This cycle continues throughout the rest of our lives; when it ends, love abstracted overpowers us and completely consumes us as we are lifted from our mistakes, temptations and most frightening fears.
So when our minds convince us that feelings hurt too much, let us allow ourselves to positively imagine us working our way up to that last feeling we receive before we leave.
And let us not determine the day we depart, but allow love to be absorbed and He will replenish our emptiness once and for all.

You won't always feel a certain way. Feelings last for moments, hours and sometimes years. And when they change, so do we.